KOEDOE :Hard Rock inspired “by die Bosveld” ~ Hot, Heavy, Dirty and Thorny
Koedoe are a 5 piece Hard Rock outfit, from Johannesburg, aimed at bringing a little tongue back into the cheek of Hate City.
Today saw the release of their EPIC track RISE, just like Goldilocks’ porridge it’s juuuuust right!
Listen to RISE below, it ROCKS!
In conjunction with the release of RISE Koedoe will be performing at the World Wide Metal United event at Sundowners Pub in Alberton, this Saturday, the 15th June 2019.
Hosted by Emalyth Promotions and founded by Black-Roos Entertainment in Australia the event aims to bring together over 50 countries, all putting on a show in their respective locations on the same day under the same banner! Get there and support, you can send me thank you gifts on Monday!
Rock as hard as the baked African soil, melodies as raw as JZ’s pride, beats as strong as Arno Carsten’s jaw. Born in the shade of the Tamboti tree in January 2018, while working as test subjects for an anti-tokolosh repellent (it didn’t work he has moved into their garage with his whole family), they decided that while this gig was pretty sweet, there must be more to life. So they sold their Ford Cortina, bought some instruments and started figuring out where all their picks had disappeared to. Thus came Koedoe.
Elegant, graceful and majestic are not words they would use to describe themselves but it sure looks good on paper. Hailing from the Woesrand, GP, they identify as Bushveld Rock. Influenced by Beer, Brandy, Whisky, and Amarula coffee, Koedoe provide an energetic and visually unique live performance. Most certainly aimed at those who like it hard, heavy and noisy.
Having released their demo EP: “Damn, No – EP” in May 2019, Koedoe have recently released their new Singles “Alive With You” and “Rise” on all major platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer and many more. Give them a shout. They are eager and ready to jam your venue or event. They also do Weddings and Bar Mitzvahs.
The who’s who in Koedoe:
R-R-Ratel – Singing, Shouting, Growling, and Prowling
Bosvark – Fancy Finger Guitar Skillz
Fisi the Hyena – Keeper of the Bass Groove
Boom$lang – Heavy Jungle Fever Guitar
The Vanilla Chinchilla – Beating of the Skins and Many, Many, Many Cymbals
Damn, No – EP – Released May 2018
Alive With You – Single – Released 17 March 2019
Rise – Single – Release 11 June 2019
All releases are available on all major digital platforms including Apple Music, Spotify & Deezer
Previous Gigs :
• Rumours Rock City – 09 May 2018 – Saints Charity Show – Debut Gig, along with Cutting
Jade, Burning Blue, New Skyline Fire & more.
• Rumours Rock City – 23 June 2018 – Opening act for Jack Parow
• Rumours Rock City – 09 August 2018 – Brochella: Bangers and Mosh, with Oh God, Red
Helen, Riddlebreak & more.
• Rumours Rock City – 27 October – Fokofpolisiekar Halloween
• Rumours Lounge – 25 January 2019 – Rumours Lounge Grand Opening with Fuzigish
• Rumours Lounge – 16th February 2019 – Jumping Beans Entertainment Event
• Soweto Rock Revolution @ Others Concept Space – 02 March 2019 – Punkfuck Facepaint
• Rusty Hook – 30 March 2019 – Bring Back the Rock 2019 alongside Man as Machine, The
Sinners and many more
• Release of our 1st single “Alive With You” on all major platforms
• Weird Boner 3 @ Rumours Rock City – 25 May 2019 alongside Facing the Gallows,
Zombie at my Girlfriend and like, 100 other bands
• Release of our 2nd major single “Rise” on all major platforms
• Metal United World Wide @ Sundowners Alberton, hosted by Emalyth – 15th June 2019
What the people are skinnering :
• “Befokte Band” – Marno Rautenbach on Facebook
• “What an Awesome Band” – Dylan Baker on Facebook
• “Five Stars” – Elvis Chiwanga – the Uber driver who took us to the last show
• “My favourite band by far, I just wish he didn’t have to sound so angry all the time” – R-RRatel’s
• “You guys are going to have to find another place to practice, you are making too much
noise” – The Johannesburg City Council
Social Media to stalk:
More links to come including Twitter (although they prefer shouting to tweeting),
Pinterest (for images of their delicate floral arrangements and baked goods), and Pornhub (They gotta earn money somehow 🤷♀️ )
No need to hunt these KOEDOE down, get them here:
Ryan Oppenheim – 082 574 4383 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ewan Botha – 083 384 9678 – email@example.com
Thys Erasmus – 082 569 7069 – firstname.lastname@example.org