SMOKING HOT FEATURES LINE-UP AT THIS YEAR’S FIRE & FEAST MEAT FESTIVAL
The hottest meat-lover’s get together, the Fire & Feast Meat Festival presented by Crown National, has a mouth-watering line-up of new features that will be showcasing at Joburg’s Ticketpro Dome from 8 to 10 June. A proudly South African affair, the Fire & Feast Meat Festival is a celebration of all things fired, grilled and braai’d with something on offer to satisfy every appetite.
Your “Smoking hot ” features for the festival :
- Braaitology Certain to fire up the hearts of most South Africans is the smoking new Braaitology arena, proudly sponsored by leading Gas Grill & Hybrid Braai manufacturer, Chad-O-Chef. Hungry visitors will find a home at Braaitology where 10 chefs brought to you by the South African Chef Association (SACA) –- will make meat the hero of 10 delectable dishes using the versatile range of Chad-O-Chef braais. This saucy feature will excite the taste buds incorporating pork, chicken, beef, lamb and even fish dishes evenly spread across the 10 appetizer-size offerings, giving meat-lovers an extensive taste experience. Adding to the Braaitology flavour is South Africa’s braai superhero, BraaiBoy, who will be demonstrating his tong-yielding antics on the Chad-O-Chef Sizzler Hybrid Braai. Enter the scintillating social media contest and you could even stand a chance to braai with the braai wonder himself at this year’s Fire & Feast. No ‘braai’bery required. With so many tasty food and beverage options at Fire & Feast, you don’t want to be boggled down with maths. To make this a smooth experience, Fire & Feast has introduced BraaiBucks which can be bought on arrival and redeemed for the tasters you wish to sample within Braaitology. One BraaiBuck = R25 = 1 taster. Simple.
- Craftology All this meat munching builds up an incredible thirst which is why Fire & Feast has introduced the thirst-quenching Craftology. Leading craft beverages can be generously enjoyed while listening to live music and plotting the next meaty dish. Visitors can sample a number of locally brewed delectable drinks from Soweto Gold Beer, Optium Craft Brewery (OCB) and Qualito Craft Distillery whiskey to name a few. There’s no watering down this full-bodied line-up which also includes the popular High End Brands featuring a selection of drinks overflowing with flavour, among them Hellfire and Moonshine whiskeys from The Dead Rabbit Distillery; De Groot Komunis Vodka, Die Warm Rasta Rum and La Sanat – a tasty tequila – all from DeVry Distillery. If you’re looking for a drink with a more international aroma, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey will also be served.
- Jack Daniel’s Whiskey Bar & Restaurant This smooth-drinking whiskey, which is the perfect accompaniment to all your meat dishes, can also be found in this next Fire & Feast feature. The Jack Daniel’s Whiskey Bar & Restaurant will serve innovatively prepared meat dishes and Jack Daniel’s range of Tennessee whiskey, providing festival-goers with a delicious dining option within the Fire & Feast meat mayhem.
- Jack Daniel’s Man Cave Everything the modern man wants can be found in the well-stocked Jack Daniel’s Man Cave. This well-crafted area offers men the chance to get inked by artists from Awhe Tattoo & Lifestyle Studio ,enjoy a cut and a shave by the maestros from Barnet Fair barber’s shop, discover the latest petrol-head accessories from Knap Sak, get all the best grooming equipment from The Bearded Man- grab something casual from May Bru clothing & apparel, invest in a stunning bicycle from Ubuntu Bike Boutique. The Jack Daniel’s Man Cave is the perfect place to source the ideal gift for Father’s Day – conveniently taking place the weekend after Fire & Feast Meat Festival. In fact, if you’re really wanting to spoil the ultimate dad and get ahead of the competition, consider the generous gift of Fire & Feast tickets!
- Poultry Theatre brought to you by County Fair and Festive You will most definitely flock to the newest feature where poultry experts will be demonstrating useful methods for preparing juicy poultry dishes using their quality County Fair fresh and frozen products, including the popular chicken schnitzel, as well as Festive’s premium fresh chicken range.
- The Sparta Beef Theatre Local experts in quality beef products, Sparta have come on board as sponsors for the satisfyingly enlightening Sparta Beef Theatre. Here you will get the chance to glean tips on how to get the most out of your beefy buys as well as the selecting the healthiest cuts for the tastiest dishes.
- The Pork Tasting Room Pork 360 has put its weight behind Fire & Feast Meat Festival with the introduction of The Pork Tasting Room. This tasty new feature will introduce all you meat-lovers to crispy, cured and crackling pork-tasting varieties while industry experts share useful tips on all things pork.
- Lamb & Mutton SA Theatre You will find fulfilment for body and mind in this seasoned theatre which welcomes the mature wisdom of Lamb and Mutton South Africa, an entrenched organisation responsible for consumer awareness on all lamb and mutton products. Chefs in this experiential zone will demonstrate tantalising techniques on ways to prepare and cook these iron-rich cuts of meat. You’ll be delighted to discover that every dish prepared in the four meat theatres will be expertly cooked on one of Chad-O-Chef’s braais – quality guaranteed – with @home sponsoring their exclusive range of Breville, Robert Welch, Baccarat and Smeg cookware products for theatre use.
- MyBraai Meat & Wine Pairing This elegant feature, sponsored by MyBraai online butchery, is a dedicated meat and wine pairing theatre where you’re invited to de-cant and devour while learning about the importance of flavour fusion. Here, chefs from MyBraai will team up with Leopard’s Leap sommeliers to discuss the perfect drinking wines to compliment four meaty dishes – beef, pork, lamb and chicken. Book tickets for the MyBraai Meat & Wine Pairing at www.computicket.co.za before they sell out and get your show tickets included.
- BRM Brands Bistro For some really fall-off-the-bone tender, fully-marinated meats, stop in at the renowned BRM Brands Bistro featuring at this year’s Fire & Feast Festival. Chefs with intimate knowledge of the bistro have perfected a menu that will give all festival-goers a real taste of their mouth-watering meats including their famous rib options.
- Meet SA’s World Butchers’ Challenge Team Fire & Feast promises you only the industry’s best which is why South Africa’s World Butchers’ Challenge team, fresh from competing at the illustrious World Butcher’s Challenge in Ireland, will be in attendance at Braaitology. They will use this platform to showcase their craft by taking on a promising development side in a friendly challenge. The six-man Mzansi team – who won the National Butchers’ Challenge, presented by Crown National at last year’s Fire & Feast – will put on a cutting-edge performance for the crowd. Anyone looking to enter the 2019 National Butchers’ Challenge, presented by Crown National, can register at Fire & Feast. You might just make the cut.
- Wine Tasting Area South Africa’s deep-rooted wine industry is renowned for producing internationally-acclaimed wines and Fire & Feast will be celebrating this culture in the Wine Tasting Area. This full-bodied feature will let you indulge in a truly sensory evaluation of the country’s best local wines. Eat, meat, feast and repeat at the ultimate meat, braai and music celebration. Tickets are available from www.computicket.co.za or at the door. No alcohol will be served to U18’s.
For more information follow Fire & Feast Meat Festival on: www.fireandfeast.co.za
Facebook: Fire and Feast Meat Festival
Fire & Feast Meat Festival Schedule Friday 8th June: 12pm – 6pm Saturday 9th June: 10am – 6pm Sunday 10th June: 10am – 6pm
Tickets: Ticket price: Adults R100 Pensioners R80 Children R20
ENTER OUR FREE TICKET GIVEAWAY : ENTER HERE