Unleashing his eighth studio album, his first in nearly seven years today, Lucky Music/EMPIRE’s Robin Thicke is back, reintroducing himself with ‘On Earth, and in Heaven‘.
The 11-track collection is entirely co-written by Thicke alongside collaborators like Pharrell Williams, Nasri, James Gass, and more, built on his foundational, signature sound and inspired by a life-altering, transitional chapter.
“With this album, my intentions are pure again. I want to make great music that spreads love, that feels like a warm blanket, that brings people closer together, that helps heal wounds and bring bonds back, and that’s what I needed,” Thicke shared in conversation with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe earlier this week. “And that’s what this music has done for me and that’s what I wanted to do for others.”
Later, he continued sharing about the inspiration behind the project, citing the passing of mentor Andre Harrell as the shift that brought the music back.
“I just looked in the mirror and I woke up and I said, ‘I’m not going to be insecure like that anymore. I’m not going to let these days go by…I am going to do what I always wanted to do and be the person I wanted to be.’ And then the music came quickly. But it started with that big turn.”
‘On Earth, and in Heaven’ Track List:
1. “Lucky Star” (Robin Thicke, Nasri, James Gass)*
2. “Hola” (Robin Thicke, Jairus Mozee, James Gass, Kenny Wright, Lawrence “LB” Breux)*
3. “Lola Mia” (Robin Thicke, Chris Payton, William “Matty” Taylor, Larry Cox II, Lawrence “LB” Breux)*
4. “Gorgeous” (Robin Thicke)
5. “The Things You Do To Me” (Robin Thicke, James Gass, Aaron Camper, Larry Cox II)*
6. “Out Of My Mind” (Robin Thicke, James Gass, Bobby Keyes, Rich Skillz)*
7. “Beautiful” (Robin Thicke, James Gass, Larry Cox II, Gianni Credle-Harrell)*
8. “Look Easy” (Nasri, Robin Thicke, Ben Spivak, Chaz Jackson, Dre Pinckney)^
9. “Take Me Higher” (Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke, Chris Payton) •
10. “Forever Mine” (Robin Thicke, Bobby Keyes, James Gass, Larry Devont Dorn)*
11. “That’s What Love Can Do” (Robin Thicke, Robert Daniels, James Gass, Larry Cox II)*
Buzz around the album’s latest single “Look Easy” is humming as the #2 most-added single at R&B/Urban AC Radio this week. The music video for the on-the-rise new track that Thicke dedicates “to all the frontline workers, mothers, daughters and grandmothers of the world” debuted on Friday, 12 February exclusively as a BET Soul and BET Her premiere, airing in NYC’s Times Square at 1pm and 6pm ET.
Directed by Nick Leopold for Skinny Empire and shot in Los Angeles, CA, the clip marries both the album and the single’s themes, smash cutting in with Thicke falling from heaven into the ocean, washing up ashore. Following a beautiful onlooker through a haze of obstacles, Thicke eventually emerges from the chase, journeying back to the beach just as the sun begins to set into the earth.
Download/Stream ‘On Earth, and in Heaven‘ HERE
“I feel like I’m finally the person I set out to be. I’m able to laugh at anything, which I’ve realized is the greatest superpower. I’ve fully embraced it, and nothing has been better for my soul,” Thicke said in a press statement. “When I saw the phrase On Earth, and in Heaven, I realized that’s what I’m singing about: the people who aren’t here and the people who are here that made me who I am. This music is the sunshine coming out after the rain.”
Follow Robin Thicke online